MicronJet600 Advanced Intradermal Solution
- Demonstrated improved immunogenicity and/or dose sparing over subcutaneous and intramuscular delivery in clinical studies1-8,10
- Demonstrated improved immunogenicity and/or potency over other intradermal devices in clinical studies3,5
- Supported by extensive clinical experience
- Consistent and shallow intradermal delivery4-9
The FDA cleared and CE marked MicronJet 600 is a microneedle based device for intradermal
drug delivery. The device is intended to be used for injecting fluids into parts of the body below
the surface of the skin and is indicated for intradermal injections of any substance or drug approved
for delivery by this delivery route.
Keeping comfort in mind
Less than 1mm in size, the MicronJet600 microneedle offers an easy-to-use*, consistent4-9 and efficient intradermal alternative for nearly8,9 painless delivery of drugs and vaccines.
It can be used with any standard syringe to inject liquid substances directly into the skin, including vaccines, drugs, peptides and dermal fillers.
Research shows that by harnessing the robust immune system of the skin, intradermal delivery with MicronJet600 can achieve better immunological results than intramuscular and subcutaneous delivery, with lower doses.
Improved Immunogenicity and dose sparing over subcutaneous and intramuscular delivery1-8,10
The skin is one of the most potent immune organs of the body, fighting pathogens throughout evolution. However, injecting vaccines into the skin with a regular needle (using the Mantoux technique) is technically difficult.
The easy-to-use, 0.6mm MicronJet600 has demonstrated:
- Improved immunogenicity to full-dose vaccines (seasonal influenza, zoster)2,3,5,8
- Significant dose sparing (4-40% of the dose) with various vaccines (seasonal and pandemic influenza, zoster, polio)1-8,10
- Adjuvant sparing in seasonal influenza10
Improved immunogenicity/potency over other intradermal devices
NanoPass clinical trials have shown superior clinical outcomes over other intradermal devices in tests with different vaccinations
Consistent and shallow intradermal delivery
The easy to use MicronJet600 provides one of most shallow and consistent forms of intradermal delivery. Its minute size (0.6mm) allows for shallow injection. Being barely visible to the naked eye makes it also less painful than regular injections, as well as much less intimidating. It requires a short learning curve, enabling practitioners to quickly learn how to use the device, and adopt it as a leading alternative.
- Blebs of >6 mm were observed 99% of the time, evaluated in over 1,000 injections on more than 800 subjects4-9
- Less painful and intimidating than a regular needle and syringe, with the potential for improved compliance1,8,9
- Pediatrics applicability, as demonstrated by large Phase III study on 6-week-old infants7
- Smallest hollow needle in the market allows for a nearly painless injection1,8,9
Adverse effects of intradermal vaccination
Overall, intradermal vaccination has been demonstrated to be very safe. Studies have shown that intradermal vaccination may be associated with a greater incidence of local reactogenicity that typically resolves quickly. Adverse events primarily include local mild pain, swelling, and redness y, but no systemic reactions**
Adverse effects of MicronJet600
Local adverse reactions, including edema, erythema and discoloration of skin at the injection site have been observed, most likely related to the injected substance, and not to the MicronJet600.
Adverse reactions related to use of the MicronJet600 include small risk of micro bleeding (self-limiting blood dotting, ceasing within normal clotting time). Other potential device related adverse events may rarely include local infection at the injection site.***
3 Simple Application Steps illustrations
* User study; data on file
** Marra F, Young F et al. meta analysis of intradermal versus intramuscular influenza vaccines: immunogenicity and adverse events. Influenz Other Respir Viruses 2013; 7:584-603;
*** Micronjet600 Instructions For Use